...at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt...

Thursday, January 01, 2009

O-8 in Review...

Inspired by Chris' last post of 2-0-0-8, I thought I'd take my own trip down memory lane that was Two-Double O-Eight.

Highs:
1. Picking Chris up at the Denver airport in March.

2. Moving into the new house
3. Dinner in a yurt in Leadville.

4. MTBing in Durango with Chris.
5. Playing Guitar Hero at our host house in Wisconsin for hours and losing track of time. Thanks Daryl and Kristine for the hospitality (and Spencer, too, for having Guitar Hero)!!! We're looking forward to another visit next summer.

6. Starting a new job and working for a fantastic group of people. Guess I really did want to be a lawyer after all!
7. Visiting Australia over Thanksgiving.
8. Reconnecting with my college buddies over Facebook.
9. Road-tripping to Fayetteville, Arkansas. Surprisingly a pretty cool town. And a great race, too.
10. Chris' 1st ever pumpkin carving

11. After living in Colorado for 5 years, spending Christmas here for the first time and celebrating with my parents.
12. Being part of a great new cycling team!
13. Bowling with my parents on my birthday for the first time ever and learning my dad is a closet bowler (and pretty darn good, too).
14. Learning how to be a top notch feed-zone girl.

15. MOB cyclery moved and become Westside...and riding in the new and awesome computrainer center. Sure beats riding in front of the TV 3 nights a week.
16. Pie nights. Yummy!
17. Camping in the backyard in our $25 Sam's Club tent in the pouring rain (and not getting wet).

Lows:
1. Dropping Chris off at the Denver airport in September.
2. Spraining my ankle at Tulsa in the first 10 minutes of the race. Rain, mud and skinny tires do not mix well. Lesson learned.
3. Walking with crutches through the entire Tulsa airport and crying because I was so tired and sore.
3. Hand-feeding Chris his free hamburger dinner after he sprained his wrists at Nez.
4. Getting sick when my mom visited over the summer.
5. Being sick for most of January '08. Yuck.

Things to look forward to in 2-0-0-9:
1. Picking Chris up from the airport. Hopefully in the next few weeks. And hopefully this time, for good.
2. Fostering the rolly polly dog starting this weekend:

3. Visiting my parents. Didn't make it home at all in '08. They've been hard at work remodeling the house, so I may not even recognize it!
4. Unknown surprises and adventures and trips.

1 comments:

Anonymous 8:57 AM  

What a year!... Cheers to '09!

Blog Archive

Where'd You Come From?

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP